If you have found these pages, you were likely directed here during a presentation of my seminar, Breaking In Without Breaking Down: Publishing for Beginners. These notes provide the supplementary details and supporting links I will have referenced during my presentation. It’s my sincere hope that you will find them useful and good luck in your journey!
(For more information on this seminar and other workshops and presentations, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last Updated: November 2, 2016
- What an agent does
- Pros and cons of getting an agent
- Where to look for agents
- Who is accepting unagented, unsolicited material?
- Are they a good fit for your manuscript?
- What are they looking for from you?
- Submission dos and don’ts
- Exclusive versus multiple submissions
- What’s the difference between a cover letter and a query?
- Important details to include
- Format for a cover letter or query
- Things to remember about your manuscript
- Get published (including resources to find other publishing credits)
- Enter writing competitions
- Take courses
- Attend conferences
- Join an association
- Additional/ significant steps you can be taking
- Contract negotiation